5 Activities To Do with the Kids at Home
With coronavirus tearing across the world, many of us are stuck inside our homes waiting for our daily lives to go back to normal. Children are waiting anxiously for their normalcy to return as well. In the meantime, keep them entertained by checking out these 5 indoor activities that are great for kids of all ages.
- Make a game out of cleaning! Have kids give their toys a bath in a bucket of soap and warm water. Not only will they enjoy this activity, but those toys are getting disinfected and cleaned in a time when this is so important.
- Tune in to the Cincinnati Zoo’s Facebook page at 3pm everyday to see a live event that is sure to keep everyone watching entertained.
- Cool Math, Khan Academy and Fun Brain are all great online educational tools that have an abundance of learning activities that are actually fun for kids!
- Set up a treasure hunt around your house. Not only will this entertain kids, but after the setup is complete adults will have time to finish a few household tasks.
- Take a virtual fieldtrip to Yellowstone, The Planetarium or The Great Lakes. With google earth and interactive tours, these locations are more accessible than ever. Check out Discovery Education for more information on these tours.
In this stressful time, it is important to remember that children are having their lives interrupted just like we are. Creating a schedule and being understanding of their needs is important in making this time as stress free as possible. Take this time to enjoy family activities and trust that soon enough, life will return to normal.