We love our furry friends and we welcome them into our pet friendly properties with ear scratches and belly rubs. But we also want to keep our communities clean and enjoyable for all. That is why we ask all pet parents to sign a contract to show they are responsible for clean up after their four-legged friends and that they walk their pets only in designated areas. All pets will require a monthly pet fee, which will vary across properties.
- Non-domestic animals
- Fish other than small tropical fish (i.e. shark/piranha, catfish/bass farming)
- Poisonous spiders
Pet Friendly Properties (up to 30 pounds):
- The Cedars I & II | Fargo
- The Grand Apartments | Fargo
- The Haven on Veterans | Fargo
- J & L Twinhomes | Fargo
- Journey Twin Homes | Fargo
- Maplewood Townhomes | Fargo
- Dakota Territory Townhomes | West Fargo
- Diamond Creek Townhomes | West Fargo
- Journey Twin Homes | West Fargo
- Maple Grove Townhomes | West Fargo
- Maple Ridge Villas | West Fargo
- Northern Lights | West Fargo
- Shadow Wood Townhomes | West Fargo
- Tuscany Villas | West Fargo
- Wild Ridge Townhomes | West Fargo
- White Willows | West Fargo
- Belsly VII Townhomes | Moorhead
- Harbor Homes | Moorhead
- J & L Twin Homes | Moorhead
- Stonemill Pond Apartments | Moorhead
- Stonemill Villas | Moorhead
- Summit Ridge Apartments | Moorhead
- Cascade Townhomes | Mandan
- Cascades at Mandan Apartments | Mandan
- First Street Lofts | Bismarck
- Egret Twinhomes | Minot
- Stonebridge Townhomes | Minot
- Stonebridge Villas | Minot
- Teiken Twin Homes | Minot
Pet Friendly Properties (up to 50 pounds):
Pet Friendly Properties (up to 80 pounds):
- Town Square Townhomes | Fargo
- Diamond Creek Townhomes #401, #407, & #415 | West Fargo
- Evelyn Acres Townhomes | Fargo
- Shadow Crest Townhomes | Fargo
- Stonemill Townhomes & Twin Homes | Moorhead
- American Bondogge Mastiff
- American Staffordshire Terrier
- Doberman Pinscher
- English Bull Terrier
- German Shepherd
- Pit Bull Terrier
- Presa Canario
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Wolf Hybrids
We at Prairie Property Management love animals, and we understand that sometimes our furry friends are more than just a pet! If you have been diagnosed with a disability as described by the Fair Housing Act, and you have been prescribed an assistance animal by a licensed medical professional, Prairie Property Management will be happy to accommodate your needs.
Due to an influx of assistance animal requests, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO) has released guidance to help housing providers distinguish between a person with a non-obvious disability who has a legitimate need for an assistance animal and a person without a disability who simply wants to have a pet or avoid the cost of pet rent.
Determining whether an animal is an assistance animal, or a pet can sometimes be difficult. In fact, over 60% of all FHA complaints are those involving requests for reasonable accommodations. To help streamline the assistant animal approval process, the Prairie Property Management team has created an assistance animal verification form in accordance with HUD guidelines to be filled out by a licensed medical provider. Please note that this form is not required to be used by yourself or your provider, but the completion of the form allows a more efficient response from our staff. Assistance animal accommodation requests will be evaluated on an individual basis. For further questions, please refer to FHEO Notice 2020-01 and “Fact Sheet on HUD’s Assistant Animals Notice” or contact your local HUD office.
FAQ on Assistance Animal Verification
Q: Does my animal need to be prescribed by a local healthcare provider?
A: No. While your animal does not need to be prescribed by a local provider, the fact that your animal was prescribed by a local professional does indicate a personal medical relationship with the provider, which may verify the need for an assistance animal.
Q: I got my dog/cat certified as an ESA from an online website, is this sufficient?
A: No. According to HUD, typically such documentation from the internet without a personal medical relationship is not, by itself, sufficient to reliably establish that an individual has a non-observable disability or disability-related need for an assistance animal.
Q: I do not have a prescribed animal; is there another way my pet can live with me?
A: Yes! At Prairie Property Management, we have several properties that are pet friendly. Call our office at 701-356-3085 to speak with an agent about a property that will work for you.
“The staff at Prairie Property Management has always been great to work with, always timely and friendly. My apartment was clean when I moved in and I love the location as it is close to the interstate. I would highly recommend checing out the Stonemill Pond Community if you are looking for a modern and comfortable apartment.” – Maggie G., Resident
“I’ve had nothing but good experiences living with Prairie Property Management. Whenever I have a maintenance issue, they are quick to respond and get the problem solved.” – Derek H., Resident
“We moved in 2 years ago and were looking for something that was different than an apartment, allowed dogs, and was a little more upscale. Prairie Property was able to find the perfect fit for us. Since moving in, we have attended a couple of community events and have gotten to know our neighbors! We love it here!” – Audrey B., Resident
“I have lived at Stonemill Ponds for the last 2 years, and I have loved it. All the apartments are so clean, modern, and just beautifully built. The community space, gym, and local parks and paths make this a fun location to utilize throughout the year.” – Lindsay A., Resident